Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blog Post #6

My Article


This article is about a New Jersey shooter who opened fire on a mall on Monday, November 4th and then killed himself. The gunman, Richard Shoop, fired six bullets at random and did not kill anyone. After, he hid in a back room and shot himself. Mall shoppers, though uninjured, were terrified; many didn't leave the mall until early on Tuesday morning. The shooter has had a history with drug and alcohol abuse. He left a vague suicide note that referenced that the "end" was coming soon. Now we know what he meant by "end."

I went on Cnn.com to find an article for my blog this week and I just couldn't believe that I saw yet ANOTHER story about a shooting. It seems ridiculous to me that shootings keep happening and nothing is being done about them. I know this incident wasn't as serious as other recent events like the Aurora and Colorado shootings, but it's still a sign that the issue of gun control needs to be addressed. Though no one but the shooter was physically harmed in this incident, there's no telling what mental and emotional scars this incident left on the shoppers caught in this.

This relates to AP Gov. because gun control is a controversial issue that Americans are heavily debating now. Shootings have been happening more and more frequently in America. Hopefully Congress will take notice and realize that restrictions need to be passed in order for our society to be safer.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the amount of shootings recently should be counteracted with more restrictions on gun control. It makes me wonder how many senseless violent acts have to happen until the government realizes that something should be done.

    ReplyDelete